Home » Firms » S Goodwin & M Best

S Goodwin & M Best

Current Status: No longer authorised

Reference Number: 306286

Website: www.goodwinbest.co.uk

Link to FCA: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfV3vAAF



0/5 (0 Reviews)

A firm with the status "No longer authorised" may have had its authorisation revoked for any of the following reasons: voluntary cancellation, failure to meet regulatory requirements, non-compliance with rules and regulations, enforcement action, failure to pay fees, or inactivity. It is important to check the FCA register or contact the FCA directly to discover more details about a firm's authorisation status and why it may have changed.

These measures can help organizations identify, address, and mitigate potential risks, ensuring that they remain compliant with their regulatory obligations.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has been proactive in tackling financial mis-selling in the UK, with enforcement actions, compensation schemes, and new regulations put in place to improve disclosure and transparency. Despite this, mis-selling is still an issue across various financial products and services, such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), Interest Rate Hedging Products (IRHP), Endowment Mortgages, and Pension mis-selling. This has resulted in billions of pounds in compensation being paid out to affected consumers and businesses. It is therefore essential that the FCA continues to monitor the financial services sector to ensure that consumers are protected from mis-selling and receive fair treatment.

Consumers who have been mis-sold financial products or services in the UK may be eligible to claim compensation. The process typically involves first contacting the firm responsible, who must investigate and respond to the complaint. If the consumer is not satisfied with the response, they can escalate the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), an independent body that resolves disputes between consumers and financial services providers. If the firm is no longer in business or has been declared in default, the consumer can file a claim with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). It's important to act promptly as there may be time limits for submitting claims, and consider seeking independent financial or legal advice. Note that specific processes and eligibility criteria may vary depending on the financial product, service, or circumstances involved.

Walker Cumming

Warwick Finance

PTL Associates (UK)


Craig Mitchell

Heaney Finance

First Aid Finance

Aquila Financial Services

S Goodwin & M Best

Juno Moneta Wealth Ltd

Trevor Hubbard, Esq.

Doug Hacking Motor Cycles

Gracechurch Associates

Tamworth Finance

Green Denman & Company

Motor Car Credit

Smith, Whiteley & Company

Trafalgar Finance

VTB Capital plc

Powsney & Co. Limited

Drummond Moores Plc

Whitehead Group Limited

Msf Motor (Yorkshire) Ltd

Charter Heaven Limited

From the blog

Our latest posts