Home » Firms » Apartment and Home Mortgages Ltd

Apartment and Home Mortgages Ltd

Current Status: No longer authorised

Reference Number: 302965

Website: Not Listed

Link to FCA: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfAiVAAV


4 Main Street
West Yorkshire
LS25 1EZ
L S 2 5 1 E Z


0/5 (0 Reviews)

A firm with the status "No longer authorised" may have had its authorisation revoked due to voluntary cancellation, failure to meet regulatory requirements, non-compliance with rules and regulations, enforcement action, failure to pay fees, or inactivity. To find out more about the specific circumstances of a firm's authorisation status, it is necessary to consult the FCA register or contact the FCA directly.

These measures can help identify and address any potential issues and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.

The UK financial services industry has seen several high-profile cases of financial mis-selling in the past, with several examples such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), Interest Rate Hedging Products (IRHP), Endowment mortgages and Pension products. This has resulted in billions of pounds of compensation being paid to affected consumers, and has highlighted the need for robust regulatory frameworks and oversight by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to protect consumers from being taken advantage of. The FCA has taken steps to address mis-selling issues, through enforcement actions, compensation schemes, and new regulations to improve disclosure and transparency. However, the risk of mis-selling continues to be a concern and requires ongoing vigilance from both regulators and the industry.

Individuals who have been mis-sold a financial product or service in the UK may be eligible to claim compensation. The process to seek compensation typically involves the following steps: 1. Contact the Firm: Reach out to the company that sold the financial product or service and file a formal complaint, providing all relevant details and evidence of mis-selling. The firm must investigate and respond to the complaint, usually within eight weeks. 2. Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS): If the firm refuses the complaint or the consumer is not satisfied with the response, the complaint can be escalated to the FOS. This independent body resolves disputes between consumers and financial services providers. They will review the case, consider both sides of the argument, and make a decision that is legally binding on the firm. This service is free for consumers. 3. Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS): In cases where the firm responsible for mis-selling is no longer in business or has been declared in default, the consumer can file a claim with the FSCS. This statutory compensation fund provides compensation to consumers when authorized financial services firms fail or are unable to meet claims. There are limits to the amount of compensation the FSCS can pay, which vary depending on the product or service involved. It's important to act quickly when seeking compensation for mis-selling, as there may be time limits for submitting claims. Consumers should also consider seeking independent financial or legal advice, especially if the claim is complex or involves a large sum of money. Note that the steps and eligibility criteria can vary depending on the financial product or service and the circumstances.

Walker Cumming

Warwick Finance

PTL Associates (UK)


Craig Mitchell

Heaney Finance

First Aid Finance

Aquila Financial Services

S Goodwin & M Best

Juno Moneta Wealth Ltd

Trevor Hubbard, Esq.

Doug Hacking Motor Cycles

Gracechurch Associates

Tamworth Finance

Green Denman & Company

Motor Car Credit

Smith, Whiteley & Company

Trafalgar Finance

VTB Capital plc

Powsney & Co. Limited

Drummond Moores Plc

Whitehead Group Limited

Msf Motor (Yorkshire) Ltd

Charter Heaven Limited

From the blog

Our latest posts